IS THIS YOU?
You know you need to build a personal brand but do not know how to do so…
You are aware that you need to stand out from the crowd but are unsure of your USP (unique selling proposition)…
You want to market yourself but do not know how and where to begin…
If this describes you…
Then this workshop is for YOU!
Personal Branding for Performers & Creatives is an introductory workshop to Personal Branding & Marketing, designed specifically for performers and creatives in the Arts & Entertainment industry.
This workshop has been sponsored by kind donors and registration and participation is FREE. Interested practitioners will have to apply through an open call (see below for application details).
The capacity for this online workshop is capped at 20 pax.
In this 4-session workshop, you will learn:
- How to stand out from the crowd and differentiate yourself as a unique creative individual.
- How to work with your USP to build a top of mind awareness personal brand.
- How to craft your mission-driven brand story that reflects your authenticity and individuality.
- How to build a following and create regular content on social media to engage your followers through a systematic and simple content creation grid.
- How to leverage your brand to secure funding and sponsorships through a proven framework for funding and grant applications.
Mondays & Wednesdays
17, 19, 24, 26 August
7.30pm – 10.30pm (SGT)
This workshop will be conducted in English and held entirely on Zoom.
What you will need:
- Stable and strong internet connection
- A computer or laptop with Zoom
- Webcam and microphone (your cam needs to be on throughout the session)
Derrick Chew is the Executive Producer and Artistic Director of Sight Lines Entertainment. He is also a StoryBrand consultant, a filmmaker and international speaker. He graduated from the School of Film & Media Studies (Ngee Ann Polytechnic) and majored in Marketing at RMIT University. He spent the last 15 years in the media and entertainment industry in the capacity of director, producer and branding and marketing manager.
Mentored by veteran theatre producer and acclaimed actress Tan Kheng Hua (“Crazy Rich Asians” ), Derrick was the marketing manager for Pangdemonium! Theatre Company from 2010 – 2012 before starting Sight Lines Entertainment.
Selected Marketing credits for Theatre include The Full Monty, Dealer’s Choice Spring Awakening (Pangdmeonium Theatre Company), Itsy the Musical, Starring Hitler as Jekyll and Hyde (The Finger Players), Chinatown Crossings (Drama Box).
Selected Producing credits for Theatre include The Hossan Leong Show (Asst Producer, Dream Academy), The Composer (Asst Producer, Spare Room Productions), Trainstopping, Boom, Edges the Musical, Everything but the Brain, Lord of the Flies, SmartyPants and the Swordfish and Murder at Mandai Camp (Sight Lines Entertainment).
Derrick has been featured prominently in various mainstream media outlets in Singapore.
31 July – 8 August 2020
No fees are required for registration or participation.
To qualify for this workshop,
- Be above 21 years old
- Be a current arts self-employed person (SEP) or work in an arts organisation
- Commit to the full duration of the programme (see workshop details above)
- Download the Application Form and fill it up
- Email the completed form and your CV to email@example.com with the subject title: “Application for Personal Branding Workshop”
- Application will close on 8 August 2020, 2359hrs (SGT)
- Results will be announced by 11 August 2020.
- You may apply for the National Arts Council’s CDSA grant which can provide an absentee payroll or training allowance of $10/hour. For more information, visit nac.gov.sg/cdsa